CALL: Call Colorado U.S. Senators to protest Besty DeVos, nominee for Secretary of Education
WHO: Senator Cory Gardner 202-224-5941
Senator Michael Bennet 202-224-5852
Committee on Betsy Devos as Secretary of Education has been delayed until January 31st so there is still time to protest her nomination.
Talking points: Betsy DeVos:
· Never worked in the public school system.
· Never held public office.
· Never attended a public school.
· Has not studied education.
· Spent the last several years actively opposing public education in her home state of Michigan.
· There she is the architect of a largely unsuccessful private and for-profit charter school system in Detroit that has diverted millions of public dollars from underfunded public schools.
· After more than a decade of getting her way on a host of educational policies Michigan is one of five states with declining reading scores.
· Public School Teachers in Michigan are wearing red to protest her nomination.